Friday, March 19, 2010

Disabled?

I'm finally doing what I should have done many, many moons ago...apply for disabled status at school. I have put it off for years and years because I hate being considered "disabled", but I need the status to explain the fact that I work ahead like a crazy person (no pun intended) when I'm manic, and then do absolutely no homework when I'm depressed and all I want to do is sleep. That's how it's been the last two weeks. Now I'm out of the funk and ready to catch up, so that's what I'll be doing this weekend and all of next week. I emailed my professors, not going into too much detail, but explaining to them that I have an appointment on Tuesday to apply for disabled status, so could they please give me an extension on my work til next weekend. Hopefully the response will be positive. School is my biggest struggle. I sometimes feel as if I'll never complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment